By Steven Petusevsky
Director of Culinary Innovation
Field Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette and Sugared Pecans
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 10 cup gourmet salad greens
- 3/4 cup citrus vinaigrette (see below)
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Add pecans; cook 6 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with sugar and red pepper, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove pecans from skillet. Cool on wax paper.
- Combine greens, Citrus Vinaigrette, and orange sections in a large bowl; toss well. Place 1 cup greens mixture on each of 8 plates; top each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons pecans and 1 1/2 teaspoons cranberries. Serve immediately.
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1/3 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Pour into a bowl; cover and chill.
- Note: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.