A Recipe for the weekend......
Chef Tanya Petrovna
Native Foods Cafe
1 ea. pizza dough
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil or roasted garlic oil
1 ea. tomato, chopped
2 ea. large basil leaves, chiffonade
1 ea. garlic clove, minced
¼ tsp. sea salt
pinch black pepper
1/4 cup marinara
1 recipe Tofu Scrambler*
2 cups vegan sausage, ground or crumbled
1 cup steamed kale, chopped
¼ cup basil Pesto*
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°.
2. Roll out pizza dough and brush top with oil.
3. Put on cookie sheet or on pizza stone and place in oven.
4. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool while you prep other ingredients.
6. In a small bowl mix chopped tomato with basil, garlic salt and pepper.
7. Spread marinara all over crust lightly leaving ¼ border.
8. Top marinara in the following order:
a. Tofu Scrambler b. Vegan sausage c. Chopped steamed kale
d. Fresh tomato/basil mixture
9. Drizzle pesto over top in a zig zag fashion.
10. Put back in 400° oven for 10 minutes.
Optional-Top with a vegan mozzarella, but there are a lot of flavors going on and richness with the pesto so it’s not really necessary, but it’s brunch so have fun and do what you want!!!
½ cup chopped onion
½ ea. red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. medium or firm Chinese-style
tofu (not silken)
½ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. turmeric
1. Heat oil in skillet and sauté onions
and bell pepper until onions are transparent and lightly browned.
2. Crumble in tofu and stir.
3. Add salt, pepper and turmeric and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
Makes 1 cup.
1 cup basil leaves, lightly packed
¾ cup olive oil
½ cup toasted pine nuts
2 ea. garlic cloves
3/4 tsp. sea salt
Puree all ingredients in blender.
*Tofu Scrambler adapted from the Native Foods Café restaurant cookbook