by Chef Kendall Huff
Native Foods Cafe
I’ve been spending a lot of time in airports lately, and I’ve noticed that the food is starting to get…. wait for it…HEALTHIER! It’s about freaking time. I would have to practically pack an extra bag with just food and snacks every time I was leaving home because I’d be stuck.with nothing. But now, check out these 5 new treasures I’ve recently picked up at an airport.
1. Rise Bars This Rise Energy+ Bar is made with blended super fruit and nuts and is full of fiber and antioxidants to fuel you through the rest of the day. I’m a fan of the Apricot Goji Energy Bar that is made from cashews, dates, almonds, apricots, brown rice and tapioca syrup, and amaranth! Gluten Free and full of protein! Just my style!
2. Go Raw Carrot Cake SUPER Cookies As much as I love me some carrot cake (or cupcake like at NFC), I really enjoyed these Go Raw cookies. After eating the Spirulina Energy Bar, I immediately became a fan of these products. And my girl Angela over in Westwood would LOVE these.
3. Blue Diamond Nut Chips These Blue Diamond snacks are AWESOME! They are made from brown rice and almonds…ummm what else could a girl ask for? Wheat Free and Gluten Free are good qualities also, but dang these bad boys are tasty with some red pepper hummus!!
4. The Liz Lovely Cookies I don’t even know how to talk about these. There’s a sprinkle in my eye and a flitter in my stomach when I think of these cookies. I have, and will again eat a record-breaking amount of these. From flavors from Peanut Butter, Snicker Dudes to the Gluten Free Ginger Molasses. I LOVE Liz Lovely Cookies! Liz and Dan are baking up these creations in the Green Mountains in Vermont, and they aren’t messing around.
5. Kind Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Flax Seed Kind Granola is packed with nutrients and flavor. The organic oats are gluten free-score. And the clusters are perfect for a snack and just tossing them in your mouth.
Native Foods Cafe, vegan, vegan restaurants, vegan travel snacks