by Chef Kendall Huff
Native Foods Cafe
Anyone that knows how my month of July has gone, knows why I’m writing this. For all others, just know that I’ve been making LOTS of smoothie salads and such. I have been doing lots of reading and research on this and there is a lot to share! Besides the brushing and flossing, here are 6 foods that help make your teeth stronger and cleaner!
1. Green Tea offers a natural antioxidant compounds prevent plaque from accumulating, therefore reducing the risk of cavities and bad breath. Some green teas also contain fluoride that can further prevent tooth decay.
2. Fruit is great for your teeth especially when eaten in whole, raw form. It keeps down plaque and massages your gums. Choose the fruits rich in Vitamin C, which holds our body cells together. If you are short of Vitamin C, your gums may become tender and more susceptible to gum disease.
3. Vegetables are another good idea if you are trying to build a good foundation for your teeth. Broccoli, carrots, sweet potato and pumpkin are rich in Vitamin A from which tooth enamel forms. If you eat them raw you will get more Vitamin A, as well as clean your teeth and massage your gums.
4. Onions are rich in powerful anti-bacterial sulphur compounds, which kill the bacteria that harm your teeth and gums. I personally like a good raw onion sandwich. And when eaten raw, they have twice as much effect!!
6. Sesame Seeds, which are best combined with bread and rolls, dissolve plaque and help build tooth enamel. The tasty seeds are also rich in calcium, which will keep your teeth and jawbone healthy.
Native Foods Cafe, vegan, vegan food, vegan restaurant, healthy food for teeth