by Holladay Allen
Native Foods Cafe
Just kidding, veggie burgers are really not laborious at all, especially when you make them from the freezer. I just thought it was a good title, and tied in with the whole Labor Day thing going on this weekend.
What is Labor Day exactly?
Wikipedia? "Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers. It also symbolizes the end of summer for many Americans, and is celebrated with parties, parades and athletic events."
The end of summer? Oh no. Well I am happy about it to tell you the truth... I much prefer Fall, and even a mild Winter.
But for those who will mourn the loss of Summer, fire up the grill and try out one of these awesome veggie (vegan!) burgers.
1. Amy's California Burger: This is my go to burger, the low sodium version. It is a nut, grain and mushroom based burger and it is great.
2. Luna Burger: These are awesome! A bit hard to find since they are localy made in the Midwest and haven't quite made it to Whole Foods yet. But you can order them online. check out my full review here.
3. Sunshine Burgers: Lots of flavors and I like that they are rice, seed and bean based... no funny stuff. The Barbeque flavor is my favorite... and I also like their breakfast sausage....
4. Quorn Vegan Burger: These are strange, and my first foray into the Quorn world as most of their products are not vegan. But I like them alot. Quorn broke into the veg world with their mycoprotein chicken products that people were just raving about.... problem is, all of them contain eggs... until last year when they introduced the vegan burger. Kudos Quorn! Keep the vegan stiz coming.
5. Wildwood Tofu Burgers: My favorite packaged veggie burger on the planet! So far that is. These things are sooooo delicious and they make a great tofu-eggish breakfast on a bagel as well. Note that these are not frozen and in the refrigerated aisle.... and Trader Joe's sells them too.
Native Foods Cafe, vegan, vegan food, vegan restaurant, veggie burgers, vegan burgers, labor day