by Holladay Allen
Native Foods Café
Peanut sauce is delicious… and so is broccoli. So it’s technically “double-delicious” to pair them together for a super snack…. or light dinner. This serves one… so double up if you're cooking for deux.
1/8 cup peanut butter
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 TBSP vegan worcestershire sauce
1 tsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
1 to 2 TBSP pickled ginger, chopped (I LOVE ginger, so I use a lot)
1 cup steamed broccoli
some soba noodles
1. Sautee the onion, garlic and pickled ginger in a little bit of water over medium heat until they start to soften… add more water if necessary.
2. Mix the peanut butter with 1/8 cup of piping hot water. Stir until peanut butter is saucy!
3. Add the peanut butter to the pan of onions, garlic and ginger along with the worcestershire and liquid aminos. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for a few minutes.
4. While simmering, prepare your broccoli and soba noodles, should take no more than 5 minutes, you can even cook them in the same pot….. broccoli will probably need to cook a few minutes longer. This is how many soba noodles I used:
5. After straining the noodles and broccoli, add to peanut sauce pan and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or green onions, and dig in.