- Promised Land: Just saw this 2012 environmental flick last week and totally loved it. It stars the ever-lovable Matt Damon and the incredibly talented Frances McDormand as sales associates for a huge fracking corporation. While they’re trying to convince small farmers to sell their land so they can destroy it with the toxic drills and chemicals, environmental advocate John Krasinksi (from The Office!) ignites a face-off with an interesting twist. If you haven’t seen it yet, make a night out of it!
Native Foods Café uses this image courtesy of imdb.com
- Retro Vegan Heels: Modcloth, one of my favorite sites for mini shopping sprees, has a whole page dedicated specifically to retro vegan heels. So cute! Rock these bow-tied, polka-dotted, cruelty-free pumps with your fall wardrobe and you’ll be getting compliments up the wazoo.
Native Foods Café uses this image courtesy of modcloth.com
- “The Kind Life” Relationship Survey: Our favorite vegan celebrity Alicia Silverstone recently put out a national survey about vegan dating habits, and the results were pretty interesting. If you prefer dating vegan or vegetarian- you’re not alone. Survey says 52 percent of single vegans and vegetarians want to date people with a similar lifestyle. Also, many omnivorous partners are willing to convert to vegetarianism if it will make you happy. These results show that in 49 percent of herbivore/herbivore relationships, one partner adopted the lifestyle only after meeting the other partner. Vegan love conquers all!
Native Foods Café uses this image courtesy of thekindlife.com
- Starbucks Hazelnut Soy Latte: Woke up to an unpleasantly chilly fall morning so I grabbed one of these warm treats on my way to work. While the Pumpkin Spice Latte is not vegan (total bummer), the hazelnut, toffee nut and peppermint lattes can all be veganized when you ask for soy milk. The hazelnut is my favorite, but I suggest you give them all a try throughout the season.
Native Foods Café uses this image courtesy of flickr.com
- Native Foods Twister Wrap: I’ve been out of the country for two weeks and I CANNOT WAIT to get back to eating my favorite Native Foods handhold. This wrap, made with chef-crafted seitan (you can get it crispy, blackened or grilled), comes with a creamy chipotle sauce and fresh avocado in an organic whole wheat wrap. If you grab one on Friday, you get a free side! I like it with the dill potato salad, but seasoned fries are always a good bet too =D