By, Chef Kendall Huff
Native Foods Cafe
1. Nothing brings in the holidays like good ol’ Nog!! And now, So Delicious has brought us some other delightful treats to enjoy this festive season. Check out the Mint Chocolate and Pumpkin Spice so nice. And currently, for every new fan they get on Facebook this month, they are donating $1 to kids with food allergies. Gotta love that!
2. Fresh made tofu and yuba are some of my favorite things. It may be because I don’t get them as much as I’d like too. But when you do, man it’s GOOD!! Hodo Soy using organic, non-GMO, US grown whole soy beans. With flavors such as sesame and spicy yuba strips or Five spice to curry tofu nuggets, can’t really go wrong!
3. Thank you Date Lady!! I came across the Date Syrup one weekend in Portland OR and loved it in a brownie mix. Then, when I returned to Chicago, I came across Date Caramel sauce. Ohhh…man!! Three ingredients never tasted so good! Thanks Date Lady!
4. The story of the Heido Ho company is great! A Chef that is inspired by local, sustainable food and a “boss” lady that runs the show and keeps Chef Heidi from floating away in her dreamy cloud of creativity (their words). Vegan cheese that melts people! Need I say more? Chipotle Cheddar, Chia Cheeze Sauce, Feta Crumbles, Monterey Jack and Smoked Gouda!
5. Pixie Retreat RAW’r Laboratories & Makery was a treat that I stumbled across, literally! I was at a market in Oregon and I tripped on this little empty container on the side walk. As I picked the little guy up, I noticed that is was once a Raw Lil Pudding. A Vanilla Kreme and Salted Karma to be exact. So I went on a mission the find my own Lil Pudding. To my pleasant surprise, not only did I find the pudding, but I also found raw mayo, grubber bars and millet burgers! Check them out!