by Chef Steven Petusevsky
Director of Culinary Innovation
Native Foods Cafe
Looking for a tasty side dish? Look no further!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: serves 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons unsalted vegan butter
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed and heads sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (Granny Smith or gala apples recommended)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the butter begins to brown. Add the Brussels sprouts and apples.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over high heat 4–5 minutes until sprouts are just tender to the bite. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.